Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style). Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice made healthier using leftover cooked brown rice, a delicious whole grain that's high in fiber, so it fills you up. Fried rice is the ultimate leftover food because it requires using leftover rice. Otherwise it won't be dry enough to fry and come out a but mushy.
How to make spicy Indonesian fried rice. Here's my take on Indonesian fried rice. A hot and spicy meat-free meal with crispy onions, finished off with a fried egg. This Appetizing Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style) using 14 easy ingredients and 10 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style)
- It’s 500 gr of leftover cooked rice (a day old).
- You need 4 of eggs, lightly beaten with 1/4 tsp salt.
- Prepare of Shrimp, as needed, peeled and deveined.
- It’s to taste of Sweet soy sauce.
- You need 3 of green onion, sliced and seperate the green and white part.
- It’s to taste of Salt,.
- Prepare to taste of Ground white pepper,.
- You need of Grind into spice paste.
- Prepare to taste of Dried chilies, soak into boiling water until softened.
- It’s of (Fresh Thai chilies can be used instead of dried chilies).
- Prepare 4 of shallots.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 cube of or 1 tsp shrimp paste.
- You need 2 tsp of crispy tiny shrimp.
Delicious on its own or served as a side with one of our other amazing Asian inspired dishes. Kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce) and terasi (Indonesian shrimp paste) set nasi goreng apart from other versions of fried rice. Terasi is an Indonesian shrimp paste that can be found in well-stocked Asian markets or online. We recommend purchasing handy single-serving packets, like.
Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style) step by step
- Heat oil in a wok. Pour the beaten egg then stir it to make scramble egg. Put aside in a bowl..
- Heat oil in a frying pan/wok on high heat. Sauté spice paste until fragrant, about 3 minutes..
- Add white part of green onion. Stir for a few second..
- Add the shrimp. Stir until the shrimp look pink..
- Add the cooked rice and use a metal spatula to flatten out and break up any large clumps. If the rice is cold from the refrigerator, continue stir-frying until the rice is warmed up, which will take about 5 minutes..
- Add about 1 or 2 tsp sweet soy sauce (to taste), salt and pepper. Mix with a scooping motion until everything well combined..
- Add the scramble egg and green part of green onion. Continue stir-frying the rice for another minute. Have a taste, add more salt if needed. Serve immediately..
- Sweet soy sauce.
- Shrimp paste/belacan (terasi).
- Crispy tiny shrimp.
Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg. I love the unique dark brown, caramelised colour of While shrimp paste is optional, the COLD cooked rice called for is not! It's simply not possible to make any fried rice with hot, freshly cooked rice – it gets. Easy Chinese style fried rice recipe with a video demonstration, plus the complete guide to reveal ten This is how Indonesian nasi goreng is usually presented. Since Indonesian fried rice contains plenty You can make chicken fried rice of shrimp fried rice out of your leftovers, but the following.