Leftovers Makeover: Roast Salmon Salad Sandwich. These are perfect to pack in your kids' lunch boxes when they can't face another boring sandwich. We love the salmon, cream cheese and dill tucked inside a crusty roll. The carrots and celery add a nice crunch. -Yvonne Shust, Shoal Lake, Manitoba.
This Roasted Chicken Caprese sandwich is a take on the classic caprese sandwich is typically loaded with a bunch of fresh mozzarella, a few tomato slices, and torn basil which are then lathered with a. What to Do With Leftover Salmon. In general, the dearth of purpose-built recipes for leftover salmon (whether that's fresh or frozen) reflects a conventional wisdom that dictates any fish warmed over is never quite as good as when it was first cooked. This Perfect Leftovers Makeover: Roast Salmon Salad Sandwich using 7 easy ingredients and 4 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Leftovers Makeover: Roast Salmon Salad Sandwich
- Prepare 1 cup of roasted salmon, flaked.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of minced onion.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of minced celery.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of minced carrot.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of minced dill pickle.
- It’s 3-4 Tablespoons of leftover aioli or plain mayonnaise.
- Prepare of optional: 1/2 teaspoon dry dill (or 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill).
Make good use of your leftover cooked salmon by throwing together this super quick and easy salad. You'll be wishing you had leftover salmon more often! So a sandwich was not even an option. I really wanted to keep it simple and also wanted to avoid reheating the delicate flesh of this perfectly.
Leftovers Makeover: Roast Salmon Salad Sandwich step by step
- If you have leftover roast salmon, use your fork to flake it..
- Put the salmon with all other ingredients in a bowl and mix gently and thoroughly..
- Spread your bread of choice with a little aioli or mayo (I made open faced sammies with baguette today), top with the salmon salad, and then with the tomatoes..
- We enjoyed them with Pinot Grigio and some pickled yellow peppers and artichoke hearts on the side. :).
For this salmon salad sandwich recipe, leftovers are best a day after cooking the fish. Sandwiches Layer it with bacon and watercress in a ciabatta roll for a riff on a BLT. Tacos Wrap leftover grilled salmon in tortillas and top with cabbage, cilantro, radishes and sour cream or pickled onions and lentils. In a bowl, combine salmon, green onions, celery, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Salmon Salad Sandwiches on CiabattaBon Appétit.