Gumbo Chicken and Smoked Sausage Creole.
This Yummy Gumbo Chicken and Smoked Sausage Creole using 19 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Gumbo Chicken and Smoked Sausage Creole
- You need 1/3 cup of oil for frying.
- You need 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 each of onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 each of Bell Pepper chopped.
- It’s 4 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 3 each of large boneless skinless chicken breast cut into small chunks.
- Prepare 1 lb of smoked sausaged sliced.
- Prepare 2 can of (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with chilis (not drained).
- You need 1/2 lb of ham cubed.
- It’s 8 oz of fresh sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of white sugar.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 5 dash of hot sauce.
- Prepare 2 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 cup of sherry.
Gumbo Chicken and Smoked Sausage Creole instructions
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven over high heat. Stir in flour and cook. Stir constantly for 5 minutes or until the mixture turns a light shade of brown..
- Reduce heat to low and stir in onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook 10-15 mins until tender stirring occasionally..
- Add sherry and stir. Cook for 2 more minutes stirring occasionally..
- Add chicken, smoked sausage, ham, tomatoes with green chilis, mushrooms, parsley, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, hot sauce, and chicken stock. Combine everything together cover. Raise heat to medium and simmer for 20 mins stirring occasionally..
- If you find that the consistancy is too soupy sprinkle flour in a little at a time and stir to thicken..
- Serve over rice with a side or cornbread and enjoy!.