Rob's Spicy Mexican Soup Gumbo. This kicked-up soup features sautéed onions and spicy peppers combined with chicken, corn, tomatoes and black beans all simmered in a delicious broth. Spicy Mexican Tortilla Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Gumbo is an original dish from the state of Louisiana and it's really comforting and perfect on cold days.
Pour the soup into warmed serving bowls and sprinkle with the cheese, avocado and coriander. These satisfying Mexican-inspired soup recipes are delicious for Cinco de Mayo—or any time a craving calls. My family named this spicy soup after our state moniker, "New Mexico, Land of Enchantment." We usually make it around Christmas when we have lots of family over…and we never have leftovers. This Appetizing Rob's Spicy Mexican Soup Gumbo using 7 simple ingredients and 9 simple steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rob's Spicy Mexican Soup Gumbo
- You need 1 lb of ground beef (or turkey).
- You need 8 oz of package of Mexican style shredded cheese.
- You need 24 oz of jar of mild/medium/hot salsa (can also use pico de gallo).
- Prepare 16 oz of container of sour cream.
- It’s 4 1/2 oz of package of Chef's Cupboard Tortilla Soup Mix.
- You need 1 bag of of tortilla chips/strips (your favorite).
- It’s 6 cup of of instant white rice (already boiled per box).
Gumbo is a conglomeration of different cultures and cuisines. It is essentially a stew, and it the This is one of my favorite gumbo recipes made extra spicy with shrimp, chicken, andouille and LOADS of flavor. You can easily adjust the heat level to your own preference. Spicy Vegan Black Bean Soup with Cilantro and Green TabascoKalyn's Kitchen.
Rob's Spicy Mexican Soup Gumbo instructions
- Make Instant White Rice per instructions on box.
- Brown ground beef/turkey in skillet.
- Cook Tortilla soup per instructions on package.
- Serve as follows per serving: Put white rice & ground beef in bowl..
- Pour at least 1 laddle of Tortilla soup over rice & beef combo..
- Put couple large tablespoons of salsa/pico de gallo in the bowl..
- Put a dolup of sour cream on top of salsa.
- Cover with shredded cheese & tortilla chips. Then serve..
- (Optional) Add choice of hot sauce, I prefer Cholula..
Mexican Gumbo Soup recipe: Zesty tomato based tortilla style soup similar to Qudoba. This is served with pico de gallo for texture. Ladle the soup over the rice and beans and top with pico de gallo and your choice of. Mexican Vegetarian Gumbo is my all time favorite dish from Qdoba, a fast food restaurant serving Mexican cuisine. Other than rice, beans, soup and salsa, I usually load it up with all the vegetables they have such as corn, tomatoes, some lettuce and green peppers.