Simmered Eggplant and Myoga Ginger.
This Delicious Simmered Eggplant and Myoga Ginger using 7 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Simmered Eggplant and Myoga Ginger
- Prepare 4 of Eggplant.
- Prepare 8 of Myoga ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of to 1 tablespoon Sesame oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of of each Sake and mirin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dashi stock granules.
- It’s 1 of from 2 teaspoons Soy sauce.
Simmered Eggplant and Myoga Ginger instructions
- Cut the eggplant in half vertically. Make some fine and shallow cuts into the skin. Cut the eggplant into 3 parts diagonal to the shallow cuts. Cut the myoga ginger into chunks along the fibers..
- Add the eggplant into a pan and pour over enough water to cover. Heat and once the water has boiled, boil for 1 minute..
- Strain the hot water from the pan and heat the eggplant once again. Add the sesame oil and stir-fry lightly to blend the flavors. Add the flavorings except for the soy sauce. Cover with a lid and heat for 2 minutes..
- Add the soy sauce and myoga ginger and heat over a high heat to evaporate the water. ※ Adjust the soy sauce according to the amount of eggplant and according to your taste..