Brad's duck gumbo. A duck-fat roux and tender duck leg meat meets grassy herbal okra in this special occasion version of the classic Creole stew. With all the wonderful spices, this gumbo is a flavorful main dish. -Doris Heath, Bryson City, North Our family and friends just love this delightful, rich gumbo – it's such a unique way to serve this wild. This Shrimp and Duck Gumbo is loaded with a flavorful combination of meat, seafood and sausage and is thickened with a dark roux.
Gumbo consists primarily of a strongly-flavored stock, meat or shellfish, a thickener. Remove ducks and pull the breast meat from the bones and chop them into small pieces – use only the breast meat and discard the rest of the bird or. Learn how to make a Duck Sausage Shrimp Gumbo Recipe! You can have Brad's duck gumbo using 23 easy ingredients and 9 simple steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Brad's duck gumbo
- It’s 1 of boneless skinless breasts from 6 ducks.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 small of onion chopped.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- You need 3/4 cup of good port wine.
- It’s 28 oz of can stewed tomatoes.
- Prepare 14 oz of can tomato sauce.
- It’s 14 oz of can sliced okra.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of + cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaf.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of keilbasa loop sausage, sliced 1/2" thick.
- You need 1 small of can of diced green chiles.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of franks red hot.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of gumbo file.
- You need 1/4 cup of flat leaf parsley.
- You need 1 of cooked rice.
I hope you enjoy this Duck Sausage Shrimp Gumbo Recipe. This particular gumbo, featuring duck, andouille sausage, smoked pork hock, gulf shrimp, and langoustine, was inspired by my recent trip to New Orleans, where I sampled a half-dozen varieties. Season the duck with the salt and pepper and If the gumbo still tastes of roux, add another pint of stock. If you like okra in your gumbo, now would be.
Brad's duck gumbo instructions
- melt butter in a lg heavy dutch oven. add onions and saute until just tender..
- meanwhile place cleaned duck breasts on a broiler pan. season with cajun spice and broil for 7 – 10 minutes depending on how thick they are. broil to rare and set aside.
- add flour to onions and make a roux. this will be thick almost doughy. fry until flour starts getting tan in color the mix should smell nutty.
- slowly add water and port wine in small amounts. stir constantly. if liquid is added too fast, flour will almost turn into dumplings..
- add tomatoes and tomato sauce, vinegar, garlic and all seasonings except gumbo file..
- let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- slice duck into thin slices.
- add sausage, duck, hot sauce, gumbo file and green chiles. simmer 5 more minutes.
- serve over hot cooked rice. garnish with parsley. i like mine spicy so i add extra.hot sauce.
Stir in the duck and sausage and heat through. Lower the heat and adjust the seasonings with salt, pepper, Tabasco and Creole spices. To save time on gumbo day, roast the ducks and make the stock the day before. Add green onions, parsley Place ducks on top of vegetables. Serve over rice, adding. next day.