Southwest Chicken Gumbo. Chicken Gumbo, made in the one pot tradition of Cajun style. A delicious and easy gumbo made with a roux base, the trinity of vegetables and using a whole chicken and full flavor andouille sausage. Reviews for: Photos of Southwest Chicken.
Bring to simmer and then add the Roux. When I came across chicken Andouille sausage gumbo, I knew I had to give it a try and share with you the delicious results. A classic spicy chicken and andouille sausage gumbo with okra. You can have Southwest Chicken Gumbo using 10 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southwest Chicken Gumbo
- It’s 1 can of Sweet corn.
- You need 1 can of Black beans.
- Prepare 4 large of Chicken breasts.
- It’s 2 cup of Milk (use whole for creamier texture).
- You need 1 large of Tomato (diced into squares).
- Prepare 2 cup of Wild rice.
- Prepare 1 of Jalapeño.
- It’s 3 cup of Chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 large of Sweet onion.
- You need 1 pinch of Oregano.
Gumbo almost always has a variety of spices in it, and a store-bought Cajun or Creole spice blend. Simple Cooking with Heart brings you this Louisiana style dinner that's lightened up so it's heart healthy but still hearty enough to please any Southern or Cajun food lover. If necessary, add more salt and freshly ground black pepper. Chicken and Sausage Gumbo is a quick to make, incredibly delicious gumbo recipe that's loaded with chicken, sausage, okra, peppers, and tomatoes.
Southwest Chicken Gumbo step by step
- Slice fresh chicken breasts into strips and put Into crock pot.
- Drain corn and black beans. Then put into crock pot.
- Chop sweet onion and jalapeño in small pieces and throw them in there.
- Add 2 cups of wild rice (uncooked) in the pot.
- Add three cups of chicken broth and two cups of milk.
- Stir to coat all of the chicken and make sure ingredients are all mixed around. Cook on low for 3 hours while stirring occasionally.
Served over brown rice, this easy gumbo is a one. While allowing the assembled gumbo to come to a boil, fry the bare okra in a few tablespoons of oil This recipe is the real deal and I have yet to taste a restaurant gumbo better than this (at least not. Put chicken pieces in a bowl. Blend salt, peppers, mustard, cayenne pepper, paprika, granulated garlic and file powder. Serve with white rice or potato salad (or both) spooned into the gumbo..