Crockpot Chicken And Sausage Gumbo. Stir in the roux, sausage, chicken, okra, onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. My first experience with Gumbo and it was excellent. I had to use canned okra as no fresh was available.
Use andouille sausage or another kind of spicy smoked sausage. If you are looking for an easy crockpot recipe for gumbo, this Easy Crockpot Chicken, Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo is the one for you! Add sausage, chicken, okra, onion, green pepper, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper. You can have Crockpot Chicken And Sausage Gumbo using 12 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Chicken And Sausage Gumbo
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of Cooking oil.
- Prepare 3 cup of Chicken broth.
- It’s 12 oz of Smoked sausage sliced 1/2" thick.
- You need 3 cup of Diced cooked chicken.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Sliced okra.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chopped celery.
- Prepare 4 clove of Minced garlic.
- You need 1 of Salt to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Red pepper.
I also used jalapeño smoked sausage for. How to make crockpot gumbo (chicken and sausage gumbo)! Progresso® chicken broth provides a simple addition to chicken and sausage gumbo that is served over rice. Perfect for slow cooked Cajun dinner.
Crockpot Chicken And Sausage Gumbo step by step
- For roux, in a heavy 2-quart saucepan stir together flour and oil until smooth. Cook over medium-high heat for 4 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Reduce heat to medium. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, for about 15 minutes more or until roux is dark reddish brown. Let roux cool..
- Add chicken broth to a 3 1/2 to 6-quart slow cooker. Stir in roux. Add sausage, chicken, okra, onion, green pepper, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper..
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, or HIGH for 4 to 5 hours..
Return shredded chicken to slow cooker. Serve gumbo in bowls over rice. Garnish with pepper sauce and green onions. Add in sausage, chicken, okra, onion, green pepper, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper. Add chicken to gumbo; cook until thoroughly heated.