Chicken and sausage gumbo. All Reviews for Cajun Chicken and Sausage Gumbo. Cut the chicken into cubes or shred it and add it back to the pot. Serve with white rice or potato salad (or both) spooned into the gumbo.
Smoky sausage, okra, and aromatic vegetables make this an authentic recipe perfect for sharing. A symbol of Creole cooking, gumbo is ubiquitous in homes and restaurants across Louisiana. Andouille sausage and file powder make this chicken-and-sausage gumbo a classic and, as in any good gumbo, a deep, rich roux. You can have Chicken and sausage gumbo using 19 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. Learn how to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Chicken and sausage gumbo
- You need 3 of sausages, cut.
- You need 2 of chicken breasts, cut.
- It’s 1 can of of whole tomatoes (cut in quarters).
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 3/4 of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 can of of corn.
- It’s 1 cup of whole okra, cut in halves.
- Prepare 1 of Creole seasoning, to taste.
- Prepare 1 of salt/pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of cayenne pepper, lightly to taste.
- Prepare 1 of crushed red pepper, lightly to taste.
- You need 4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of rice.
- You need 1 of hot sauce, squirt.
- It’s 1 of worcestershire sauce, squirt.
This Easy Chicken Gumbo recipe is like a party for your mouth! Vibrant, spicy flavor simmered to perfection, this combination of chicken, sausage, okra, and veggies is cooked in a creamy creole spiced broth that is just pure comfort. We are now in the thick of winter with long, dreary days and cold. Categories: Gumbo Recipes Chicken Recipes Poultry Sausage Recipes.
Chicken and sausage gumbo step by step
- Add flour and oil, whisk and stir constantly until it turns color of chocolate (20-25 minutes).
- Mixed in diced vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, sausage, garlic and seasonings.
- Add chicken broth, corn, okra, and tomatoes.
- Bring to boil and let simmer on low/medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice.
This classic chicken and sausage gumbo recipe represents everything we love about Louisiana cooking. Drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in Dutch oven. Chef Isaac Toups, of Toups Meatery, teaches us how to make a New Orleans style chicken and sausage gumbo. Isaac lets us in on the importance of taking it. A gumbo hinges on its thickeners.