Pork Belly Simmered in Black Tea.
This Perfect Pork Belly Simmered in Black Tea using 15 easy ingredients and 5 easy steps. Here is how you achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Pork Belly Simmered in Black Tea
- You need 1 of Pork belly (block).
- Prepare of For the simmering liquid:.
- It’s 3 of ★ Teabags.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ★ Sake.
- Prepare 1 of enough to cover the pork ★ Water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ★ Salt.
- You need of For the black tea sauce:.
- You need 50 ml of ☆ The liquid from simmering the pork.
- You need 2 tbsp of ☆ Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of ☆ Mirin.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of ☆ Brown cane sugar (powdered).
- You need 1 tsp of ☆ Oyster sauce.
- You need of For the garnish:.
- You need 1 of Very thinly julienned Japanese leek.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Black pepper.
Pork Belly Simmered in Black Tea instructions
- Add the ★ ingredients to a pot. Add the pork, cover, and turn on the heat. Bring to a boil then turn the heat to low. Simmer for around 40 minutes..
- After 40 minutes, skim off the scum and turn off the heat. Let it sit, covered, for about 1 hour. Then remove the pork from the pot..
- Mix together the ☆ ingredients and bring to a gentle simmer..
- Cut up the pork from Step 2 and arrange on a serving dish. Garnish with the Japanese leeks..
- Pour the ☆ black tea sauce from Step 4 over the pork. It's ready..