Fish and Shrimp Fried Rice. Vegetable Fried Rice Frittata – A fried rice and vegetable stir fry that's baked with creamy eggs! I only had frozen corn, which along with mushrooms, egg, and shrimp was plenty filling. Absolutely delicious, hubby loved it as well!
Ingredients: Shrimp, Rice, Egg, Onion, Green Onion, Red Pepper, and Bean Sprout. This easy shrimp fried rice is restaurant-quality (or better!). Fresh or frozen shrimp are quickly stir-fried with garlic and onions. You can cook Fish and Shrimp Fried Rice using 9 simple ingredients and 15 simple steps. This is guide how cook it.
Ingredients of Fish and Shrimp Fried Rice
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of long grain rice.
- You need 3 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 small of onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of tilapia fillets, semi frozen.
- You need 15 of raw shrimp, cleaned and deviened…. remove tail.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 3 of stalks of green onions.
- It’s 1 cup of peas and carrots, frozen.
For greater flavor, add a little more fish sauce until desired taste is achieved. If it tastes too salty, add a few squeezes of fresh lime or lemon juice. Fried Rice is the best way to use leftover rice and it always dissapears fast! Chinese take-out right in your Instant pot.
Fish and Shrimp Fried Rice step by step
- *** some recipes use Ham but I use Bacon drippings in place of 'oil'…..
- rinse rice 3 times… put in sauce pan with water and salt… let soak for 30 minutes…..
- allow water to come to a boil and turn down to Med/low. allow to cook covered for 16-18 minutes.
- put rice in shallow pan.. toss and fan… once it is room temp u can put it in the freezer for 45 minutes… though it seems silly to fan and toss the rice… it is important for the steam and moisture to get out of the rice…..
- ****IF U R PLANNING TO COOK THIS THE NEXT DAY….. then put in container and refrigerate…..
- semi frozen fish should be cut in cubes and the shrimp should also have the tales removed..
- onion should be diced in one bowl and green onion should be cut in another bowl..
- break rice up by hand so that it is like individual kernals..
- 2 eggs should be beaten in a bowl… add a dash of salt and pepper. put oil in wok or large non-stick skillet.. scramble the egg and then put it back in original bowl… the heat from the egg will cook any left in bowl….
- put 2T of oil in skillet put in diced onion and frozen veggies (NOT GREEN ONION) stir it on Med/ high until they are semi soft add fish and shrimp…. stir until shrimp is pink and fish is white…. removed from skillet…. I had a large mixing bowl and just put it in with the eggs….
- I put 2 more Tbsp of oil and allow it to get hot. pour rice into hot oil and stir constantly … making sure all the rice is covered with oil. rice will turn tan or the color of brown rice… and green onion and continue to stir….
- put meat— fish and egg back in skillet and continue to rapidly stir. add the soy sauce… once the soy sauce is mixed in well it's done…..
- *** my mother doesn't like garlic but u can add 2 cloves of garlic to the diced onion….
- **** u can taste and adjust salt and pepper …. you can use 2 tsp of fish sauce… but I don't personally..
Don't you love Instant pot fried rice? Simple, easy yet delicious weeknight dinner. Better yet the leftovers make fabulous lunch boxes for days. This fried rice recipe with kimchi and shrimp is quick and easy to make and tastes delicious. Like fish, frozen shrimp should either be left in the refrigerator overnight or thawed in a bowl of cold water.