Chicken, Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo. How To Make Chicken Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo. Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil over medium heat in a heavy bottomed Dutch Cook the chicken until browned on both sides and remove.
You'll find all of the classic ingredients in this gumbo, including the "holy trinity" of onion, bell pepper, and celery, along with sliced okra, spicy. Get a taste of New Orleans cuisine at home with this savory and delicious chicken andouille sausage gumbo! Smoky sausage, okra, and aromatic vegetables make this an authentic recipe perfect for sharing. You can have Chicken, Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo using 14 simple ingredients and 8 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken, Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter (divided).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of small shrimp uncooked, peeled and divided.
- It’s 2 cup of Cooked chicken breast (shredded) or can shred it yourself.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of chopped onions.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 2 cup of frozen sliced okra.
- Prepare 4 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 4 cup of Chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped flat leaf parsley.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/3 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 lb of Smoked Sausage (sliced).
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste (optional).
Chicken, Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo ~ with the Holy Trinity of Louisiana cooking (celery, onion and bell pepper,) roast chicken, andouille sausage and shrimp are simmered in chicken broth flavored by a rich, dark roux made the Cajun way! This hearty Indiana gumbo with chicken, Italian sausage, and shrimp is a great cold weather meal. All Reviews for Shrimp and Sausage and Chicken Gumbo. Learn how to make Shrimp and Chicken Gumbo.
Chicken, Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo instructions
- In a large skillet, melt butter on medium heat.
- Once butter is melted add bell pepper, onions, celery and cook till onions are soft. Then add garlic the last minute.
- Add chicken stock, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire, parsley, okra, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to boil then reduce heat. Cover and simmer.
- On different skillet, Brown your sliced sausage. Once it's done, remove from pan with slotted spoon and add to chicken stock mixture.
- Discard sausage drippings from skillet/pan then melt 6 tablespoon of butter, once melted add 6 tablespoons of flour and mix till it's incorporated. Cook for 6-8 minutes stirring occasionally. Careful not to burn the mixture but the dark it is the more flavorful it's gonna be.
- Add the mixture to the chicken stock and bring to boil stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; add chicken and simmer..
- At this point, gumbo is ready to eat but for mire flavor, let it continue simmering for 1-2 hours. Add shrimp last 5 minutes and serve..
- Serve with a scoop of rice or over rice.
We added andouille sausage and replaced the okra with green peppers. Add the chicken and sausage back to pan along with the shrimp and the okra. Chicken, Crab, and Andouille Sausage Gumbo. Our gumbo consist of shrimp, crab, chicken, sausage, okra, and more. We usually serve it with rice, and cornbread- but of course during the holidays we serve a bowl of our gumbo with everything else such as: super cheesy southern baked macaroni and cheese, southern style green beans.