Simmered Amberjack and Daikon Radish.
This Appetizing Simmered Amberjack and Daikon Radish using 10 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Simmered Amberjack and Daikon Radish
- You need 3 of pieces Amberjack filets.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- You need 1 of Water used to rinse the rice.
- Prepare 1 piece of Thinly sliced ginger.
- Prepare 1 of Finely julienned ginger.
- It’s 1 of Mitsuba.
- Prepare 1 of A [300 ml dashi stock, 100 ml sake, 50 ml mirin, 50 ml soy sauce, 2 tbsp sugar].
- It’s 1 of B [100 ml sake, 2 tbsp mirin, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp sugar].
- You need 1 cup of [2 tbsp mirin].
- You need 7 slice of of Daikon radish, each 2 cm thick.
Simmered Amberjack and Daikon Radish step by step
- Cut the fish fillets into 2 to 3 pieces, sprinkle with salt, and leave for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with boiling water, then wash carefully in cold water. I didn't use the ara (head and bones) of the amberjack this time. If you are using them, treat them in the same way as the fish fillets..
- Slice the daikon radish about 2 cm thick. Peel, and shave off the sharp edges. (Using a vegetable peeler makes this easy.) Put the daikon radish slices in a pan, cover with water used to rinse the rice with, and boil on medium heat for 15 minutes. Rinse the parboiled daikon radish in lukewarm water, drain, and pat dry with kitchen paper..
- Put the A. ingredients and the thinly sliced ginger in a pan and bring to a boil. Put in the amberjack pieces, and simmer for 15 minutes (if you are using the head and bones, boil for 15 minutes before the you boil the fillets (30 min total)..
- Add the B. ingredients, and coat the fish with the broth..
- Add the daikon radish and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. When the daikon radish turns a light caramel color add the C ingredient, and simmer for a little bit longer on high heat..
- Transfer to serving plates, garnish with ginger and mitsuba, and it's done..