Shann's Epic Tuna Casserole. "This is a tuna casserole that even my picky family loves! The potato chips give the casserole a crunchy crust." This was a better than average tuna casserole, but is definitely not the best, mainly because it is so incredibly bland. I halved the recipe since hubby doesn't eat tuna.
It's been a family favorite for generations! Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic American dish. Egg noodles are combined with canned tuna in a creamy sauce and then baked. This Yummy Shann's Epic Tuna Casserole using 15 simple ingredients and 8 easy steps. This is guide how achieve it.
Ingredients of Shann's Epic Tuna Casserole
- It’s of Tuna Casserole.
- You need 2 of cans of solid white tuna.
- Prepare 1 of can Cream of Mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 2 of green onions.
- Prepare 4 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 5 dash of Frank's Red Hot Sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of Frozen Sweet Peas.
- You need 1 cup of Frozen Corn.
- Prepare 3 cup of Catelli Smart Rotini Pasta.
- Prepare 1 of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 of Panko Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1/2 cup of Fried Onion Straws.
Peas are a classic addition and sometimes you see corn mixed in as well. Cheddar cheese has become a popular addition to this classic dish to add more flavor. Tuna casserole is a casserole primarily made with pasta (or rice) and canned tuna, with canned peas and corn sometimes added. The dish is often topped with potato chips, corn flakes, bread crumbs or canned fried onions.
Shann's Epic Tuna Casserole step by step
- Combine all ingredients minus the pasta, Panko, Parmesan, and Fried onion straws..
- Cook pasta slightly, about 5mins. Pasta should still be a bit crunchy..
- Rinse pasta to stop the cooking process. Add pasta to other ingredients..
- Use butter or cooking spray to coat your casserole dish, and add your mixture to the dish..
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, Panko, and Fried Onion Straws over the top of the casserole..
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown..
- Bon Appetit!!.
Tuna casseroles are easy on the budget and always comforting. Classic tuna casserole is something we grew up eating! It was cheap, fed the family, fueled our bodies, and was a tasty dinner we all agreed on. Instant Pot Tuna Noodle Casserole is one of my favorite dishes, and a definite comfort food good for a quick weeknight meal that everyone will love. Traditional tuna casseroles have a tendency to be greasy, fattening, and all-around unhealthy.