Crispy Catfish with Dilly Tarter Sauce. In a small mixing bowl stir together all the ingredients for the tartar sauce until well combined. This video shows you how to make southern CRISPY CATFISH & HOMEMADE TARTER SAUCE. Fish Sandwich with Homemade Tarter Sauce.
Serve with my homemade tarter sauce. For tartar sauce: combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, relish and grated lemon zest. Drizzle on catfish and serve with lemon slice. You can have Crispy Catfish with Dilly Tarter Sauce using 13 simple ingredients and 9 easy steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Crispy Catfish with Dilly Tarter Sauce
- Prepare 1 lb of Catfish Nuggets or Filets Frozen or Fresh.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 1/3 cup of Yellow Cornmeal.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Wondra, or Regular Flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cornstarch.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of Creole seasoning (if desired).
- It’s 1 of Black Pepper and Salt, To Taste.
- You need 1 of Enough Oil To Halfway Cover Catfish In Large Pan.
- Prepare 1 of Dilly Tarter Sauce Recipe Follows!.
Serve with fries and tartar sauce. Serve with a side of tangy tartar sauce to take it over the top. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, and minced onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Crispy Catfish with Dilly Tarter Sauce instructions
- Rinse and with paperwork, pat dry your catfish..
- Whisk egg in a bowl add milk and whisk until blended..
- In another bowl mix all your dry ingredients well..
- Pre-heat the oil in your pan to about 350° degrees.
- Dip your cat fish nuggets in buttermilk and egg mixture. Shake of excess and dip in the dry mixture. Coat well!.
- Carefully place your catfish nuggets in the pan, being careful not to overcrowd. Cook until golden brown, flipping once. Remove from oil, drain on papertowels and season with salt and pepper..
- Enjoy with Dilly Tarter Sauce! Recipe Follows!.
- Dilly Tarter Sauce Mix 1 Cup Mayo * 1/4 Cup Minced Onion * 1/4 Cup Minced Dill Pickle * 2 Tablespoons Pickle Juice * Dash Of Salt and Pepper To Taste Mix All, Put In Fridge For One Hour To Let Flavors Combine..
Make Tartar Sauce: Stir together all ingredients in a bowl and chill, until ready to serve. Prepare fish: Whisk together egg and hot sauce in a wide shallow dish. Crispy, crunchy battered and fried catfish mixed with Cajun spices and served with a delicious homemade tartar sauce and fries. Fish & Chips the Southern way! Catfish have gotta be some of the ugliest fish to swim earth's waters.