Tuna-noodle-veggie casserole. Add two zucchinis and you have a healthier version of a traditional tuna noodle casserole. This is an easy tuna noodle casserole recipe made with condensed soup, cheddar cheese, tuna, peas, and cooked noodles. A classic American dish, tuna noodle casserole is a favorite family meal.
In this recipe I used peas and mushrooms, you can swap them out for broccoli, asparagus, carrots, etc. Gently fold sauce, tuna, and peppers into noodles. Homemade Tuna Noodle Casserole made from scratch with shell noodles, peas, tuna, celery, a delicious creamy white sauce, and crushed crackers on top. This Yummy Tuna-noodle-veggie casserole using 9 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. Learn how to cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna-noodle-veggie casserole
- Prepare 1 each of 10 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 each of 14.5 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 each of 5 ounce can tuna in water do not drain.
- You need 1 each of 8oz bag no yolk dumpling or egg noodles.
- You need 6 oz of Frozen mixed vegetables or vegetables of your choice.
- You need 2 each of Can of water using tomato can to measure.
- You need 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese shredded.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cream cheese.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Hidden Valley ranch seasoning and salad dressing mix.
How to make homemade tuna noodle casserole: Cook the noodles. I added mushrooms, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cheddar is excellent to add as well. This Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole is a comforting and reliable classic dish perfect for a busy weeknight and budget friendly!
Tuna-noodle-veggie casserole step by step
- Place tomatoes, water, cream of mushroom soup Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning in a large pan.add veggies. Bring to a boil stirring often..
- Stir in noodles . Return to a boil. Allow to cook approximately 8 minutes or until noodles are tender..
- Add tuna and cheese stir until cheese is melted. Taste add salt and pepper to taste..
- Serve with garlic toast if you like.
Tuna Noodle Casserole is an old fashioned recipe made with canned tuna, veggies, and noodles with a crispy top and a creamy center. It's an American classic comfort food, and most of us have some memory of our moms serving it to us in a big casserole dish as kids. In a separate bowl, mix together soup, milk and garlic powder. A classic recipe for Tuna Noodle Casserole made totally from scratch – no condensed soup! It's cheesy, loaded with veggies, and has a potato Assemble and Bake the Casserole – Add the tuna and veggies, noodles, and peas to the sauce and toss to combined.