Yuba-Style Simmer with Frozen Firm Tofu.
You can cook Yuba-Style Simmer with Frozen Firm Tofu using 3 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Here is how you achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Yuba-Style Simmer with Frozen Firm Tofu
- Prepare 1 block of firm tofu (silken is also fine, but the finished product may not be the same).
- Prepare of light-flavored mentsuyu, dashi tsuyu, miso stock or your choice of broth (enough to soak the tofu).
- Prepare to taste of your choice of vegetables.
Yuba-Style Simmer with Frozen Firm Tofu step by step
- Freeze the tofu..
- Let it thaw naturally, lightly drain, and then cut..
- Simmer the tofu in your choice of mentsuyu. It's also delicious if you add shiitake mushrooms, leek, eggplant, konnyaku, or your choice of vegetables..
- If you buy tofu when it's cheap and freeze it, it really comes in handy when you're in a pinch. It's also money-saving..