Simmered Koyadofu (Freeze Dried Tofu). Made with freeze-dried tofu, this Simmered Koyadofu soaked in soy-dashi broth is a classic Japanese side dish to enjoy all year round. You can prepare ahead of time and serve it chilled, hot, or room temperature. Koyadofu (高野豆腐) or freeze-dried tofu is a common pantry staple you can.
By freezing fresh, uncooked tofu and then storing it in a refrigerator for a fixed period of time, the soy proteins are naturally denatured and matured. Showing how to make traditional juicy sweet Koya-Tofu using the microwave. The eating of frozen tofu spread from Mt. This Delicious Simmered Koyadofu (Freeze Dried Tofu) using 8 simple ingredients and 3 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Simmered Koyadofu (Freeze Dried Tofu)
- It’s 4 pieces of (about 65g) koyadofu (freeze dried tofu).
- It’s 600 ml of niboshi dashi (soak niboshi in water before cooking overnight) *.
- Prepare 2 g of katsuobushi/dried bonito flakes (put it in a tea bag) *.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of sugar *.
- You need 1 Tbsp of mirin *.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of soy sauce *.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt *.
- Prepare 1 of bunch spinach (optional).
Before long, koyadofu was prized for its high nutritional content. Its only ingredient is the soybean. The proteins and fats of soy are readily absorbed from. Kouya dofu is freeze dried tofu.
Simmered Koyadofu (Freeze Dried Tofu) instructions
- Put the * ingredients in a medium-sized pot and bring to a simmer, then turn the heat to medium. Put koyadofu in it, and simmer until a little liquid is left (for 10 ~ 15 minutes)..
- Top with spinach to finish. ※ optional.
- ★ For your reference: Use the perfect size pot (or pan) when you place koyadofu, otherwise they can loose their shapes..
It's a long lasting pantry staple of most Japanese households. Usually, kouya dofu is used by reconstituting it first. Freezing tofu removes excess moisture, making the tofu more able to soak up marinades or sauces in a stir-fry dish. Here are simple steps on how to freeze tofu Freezing tofu will give the tofu a yellowish color (how yellow depends on the brand of tofu), and a chewier texture. Comprehensive nutrition resource for Tofu, Koyadofu, Freeze Dried.