Kombu Carrot & Shiitake ‘Nimono’.
You can have Kombu Carrot & Shiitake ‘Nimono’ using 9 easy ingredients and 4 easy steps. This is guide how achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Kombu Carrot & Shiitake ‘Nimono’
- Prepare 20 g of Dry Shredded ‘Kombu’ (Kelp).
- Prepare 1 of small piece Ginger *sliced into fine strips.
- It’s 1 of Carrot *sliced into strips.
- It’s 20 g of Dry Sliced Shiitake *OR some Fresh Shiitake, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Dashi Powder.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Mirin.
Kombu Carrot & Shiitake ‘Nimono’ instructions
- Soak Dry Shredded ‘Kombu’ (Kelp) & Dry Sliced Shiitake in cold water for 10 minutes or until soft, drain, wash well and drain again..
- Heat Sesame Oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add ‘Kombu’, Shiitake, Ginger and Carrot, and cook for 1-2 minutes..
- Add Water, Dashi Powder, Soy Sauce and Mirin, and stir to combine. Lower the heat, cover with lid and cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Remover the lid, then cook, occasionally stirring, until the sauce is gone..