Seafood and chicken paella. This Chicken and Seafood Paella is a classic Spanish rice dish made with Arborio rice, packed with chicken, sausage, mussels, clams, shrimp and loaded with flavor. I have a romantic dish for you today. At least I think it's romantic because this isn't something you'd make every day.
This version of seafood paella includes chicken and pork, as well as clams, mussels, and shrimp. It's a bit of mary montaña—or surf and turf—as they say in Spain. A traditional paella pan, a long wooden spoon or paddle, and a barbecue or gas burner are needed to prepare this seafood paella. This Yummy Seafood and chicken paella using 18 easy ingredients and 6 simple steps. Learn how to cook that.
Ingredients of Seafood and chicken paella
- You need 2 cups of rice.
- You need 2 pinches of saffron.
- Prepare 10 of mussels.
- It’s one bag of frozen seafood mix.
- You need 1 of chicken thigh.
- You need 1 of zucchini.
- You need 1 of red paprika.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 1/3 stalk of celery.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1 pack of basil.
- You need 1 can of canned tomatoes.
- Prepare 20 g of bouillon broth powder.
- You need 600 ml of water.
- You need 100 ml of white wine.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare to taste of olive oil.
Paella is one of my favorite dishes to cook when entertaining. Not only is it delicious but it's a one-pot dish which makes for simple preparation and easy clean-up. Next, add the remaining seafood and chicken broth to the saffron water. Finally, garnish with the lemon wedges.
Seafood and chicken paella instructions
- Cook the white wine and mussels in the main pot. Then take out mussels and the leftover broth, and set aside..
- Cut chicken and vegetables into small pieces..
- Warm the water in a small pot. Put in the broth and saffron..
- Put the olive oil, chicken, vegetables and seafood mix into the main pot, fry with the salt and pepper..
- Add canned tomatoes, broth, and put in the mussels broth. Heat on medium heat for 30 minutes..
- Top with mussels, lemon, and basil..
Ladle the paella in an individual bowl and squeeze over the lemon. The refreshing tartness will bring out the flavor, making the dish more. Paella is probably Spain's most famous dish. Originating in Valencia, this dish of rice with seafood and chicken or rabbit is completely addictive. The Valencians get very heated about what can and cannot go into a paella, and would probably snarl at this recipe.