Singapore seafood noodles. Singapore noodles or Singapore rice noodlesare made of noodles, curry powder, chicken, shrimp and veggies. This is the best Singapore noodle recipe ever! I am sure many of you have tried Singapore style noodles in Chinese/Cantonese restaurants here in the United States.
Here's what you need to know, from how to choose the right rice noodles to how to make the stir-fry work on a home burner. Like many items on a Chinese-American menu, Singapore Noodles aren't actually of the provenance that its name implies. In fact, you'd be hard-pressed to find a dish called "Singapore Noodles" on a menu in most of Asia, much less in Singapore itself. This Yummy Singapore seafood noodles using 13 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Learn how to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Singapore seafood noodles
- You need 1 cup of small dried Chinese mushrooms.
- Prepare 300 g of thin fresh egg noodles or Singapore noodles.
- Prepare 1 cup (150 g) of fresh peas or frozen peas.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of peanut oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of mild curry powder.
- You need 1 of carrot, peeled, halved lengthways, thinly sliced diagonally.
- It’s 1 of red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced.
- You need 250 g of Chinese barbecue pork, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 100 g of small cooked prawns, peeled.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of kecap manis (sweet Indonesian soy sauce).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of shaoxing wine (Chinese rice wine) or dry sherry.
- It’s of Coriander leaves, to serve.
- Prepare 4 of green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced.
That said, non meat-eaters won't go hungry without tofu, because Singapore noodles tend to boast a plethora of vegetables, from kale or cabbage (Mabbott) to beansprouts and carrot (Huang). Noodle dish Singaporean soup-based seafood dish, served hot usually with bee hoon. The dish is viewed as a healthy food in Singapore. Kwetiau goreng: Noodle dish Southeast Asia stir fried flat rice noodles.
Singapore seafood noodles instructions
- Place the mushrooms in a medium heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes to soak. Drain mushrooms well and squeeze out any excess liquid..
- Place noodles and peas in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Use a fork to separate the noodles. Set aside for 5 minutes to soak. Drain well..
- Meanwhile, heat peanut oil in a wok over high heat. Add the curry powder, carrot and capsicum and cook, tossing, for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Add the pork, prawns, kecap manis, shaoxing wine, half the green onions and the noodle mixture and cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes or until heated though and well combined. Remove from heat..
- Divide the noodles among serving bowls and sprinkle with coriander leaves and remaining green onions. Serve immediately..
Shredded chicken noodles: Noodle dish Noodle dish topped with shredded chicken, fish dumpling and mushroom. It included shrimp, mussels, scallops, flat squid ink noodles, red and green bell pepper, egg, onion, nira chive, cilantro and spicy yellow curry. Singapore seafood noodles A quick and healthy breakfast recipe. You should try this singapore recipe. Stir-fried rice noodles with curry powder, vegetables and your choice of chicken, tofu or shrimp!