‘Nizakana’ Simmered Fish.
You can cook ‘Nizakana’ Simmered Fish using 7 easy ingredients and 4 easy steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of ‘Nizakana’ Simmered Fish
- Prepare 4 of cutlets OR fillets Fish of your choice *Today I used Spanish Mackerel.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of Sake (Rice Wine) *Important!.
- You need 1/4 cup of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Mirin.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Sugar *The amount is up to your preference.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Sake (Rice Wine) OR Water.
- It’s of Some slices of Ginger OR Garlic *Today I used a small piece Ginger, sliced into fine strips.
‘Nizakana’ Simmered Fish step by step
- Place Fish cutlets OR fillets on a large plate, sprinkle with Sake (Rice Wine), and set aside. This process is important to achieve clean & pleasant flavour..
- Place Soy Sauce, Mirin and Sugar in a frying pan, heat over medium heat until Sugar dissolved. Check the flavour, add extra Sugar if you like..
- Add Sake (OR Water) and Ginger (OR Garlic), and bring to the boil. Once the sauce starts boiling, place the fish, cover with a lid and cook for 3 to 4 minutes..
- Carefully turn the fish over, cover with the lid, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the lid and allow the sauce thickens slightly..