Jamaican Curry Shrimp.
You can have Jamaican Curry Shrimp using 19 easy ingredients and 11 simple steps. Here is how you achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Jamaican Curry Shrimp
- It’s of Shrimp.
- It’s 1 lb of Raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Curry powder.
- You need of Curry Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 of Green bell pepper, julienned.
- It’s 1/2 of Red bell pepper, julienned.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 1 of Sprig fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Coconut milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of Curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ketchup.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Hot pepper sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water.
Jamaican Curry Shrimp step by step
- Peel, de-vein raw shrimp and season with black pepper, salt and curry powder, set aside.
- Julienne green and red bell peppers and onion; mince garlic.
- Heat cooking oil on High in sauce pan.
- Saute peppers, onion and garlic until onion is transparent.
- add 1 spring of fresh thyme.
- Reduce heat to Medium-High and add coconut milk.
- Add salt, ketchup, hot pepper sauce and curry powder; stir.
- Lower to Medium heat and add shrimp to vegetables and saute until shrimp begins to turn pink.
- Mix water and cornstarch together and add to saucepan.
- Simmer for 1 minute, or until shrimp are firm and curry sauce has thickened.
- add salt and pepper to taste.