Zōsui (Rice Soup) with Dumplings.
You can cook Zōsui (Rice Soup) with Dumplings using 10 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Zōsui (Rice Soup) with Dumplings
- It’s 3-4 cups of Dashi Stock.
- You need 2-3 cups of Cooked Rice.
- It’s of Some Vegetables (Carrot, Daikon, Radish, Shiitake, Japanese Mushrooms, Potato, Spinach, Tofu).
- Prepare of Spring Onion.
- You need of Salt & Soy Sauce.
- You need of <Dumpling Ingredients>.
- Prepare of Plain Flour 1/2 cup & Potato Starch 1/2 cup.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Note: Gnocchi would go very well with this dish.
Zōsui (Rice Soup) with Dumplings step by step
- Cut Vegetables in small pieces. Cook them in Dashi Stock until tender..
- Mix all the Dumpling Ingredients and make it into a very thick batter. *I recently discovered ‘Rice Flour 1/2 cup & Glutinous Rice Flour 1/2 cup' makes gooey & rubbery texture like ‘Omochi’ (Rice Cake) and better dumplings..
- Add the pre-cooked Rice to the soup, then bring it to a boil..
- Using a tablespoon, drop bite size dumplings into the boiling soup. *Note: You can add Gnocchi instead of dumpling batter..
- Season with Salt and Soy Sauce. Sprinkle some finely chopped Spring Onion and serve hot..