Red pesto & salmon gnocchi. This red pesto (the third in our Italian flag-hued pestos, after green and white) tastes like a mash-up of your favorite spicy arrabbiata sauce and the savory anchovy-garlic dip bagna cauda. Find out how to make red pesto from roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, basil and Parmesan. Red Pesto Pasta With Grilled Chicken And MozzarellaCOOKING TO ENTERTAIN.
Pesto Rosso, or red pesto, which is what this pasta meal is based on, is relatively new and the primary ingredient is tomato. Back to the red pesto pasta… So why are we telling you all this? This simple and versatile recipe for Red Tomato Pesto makes a mild yet intense pesto that's sure to The variations are endless! This Perfect Red pesto & salmon gnocchi using 4 simple ingredients and 2 simple steps. Here is how you cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Red pesto & salmon gnocchi
- Prepare 2 of salmon fillets, defrosted if frozen.
- Prepare 1/2 jar of red pesto.
- You need 100 g of plain cream cheese.
- It’s 250 g of gnocchi.
I prefer the rich taste of a red pesto over the strong, peppery taste of. Sometimes sun-dried tomatoes have hard parts near stem – trim those. I used goat cheese raviolis here – goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes are a classic pairing. Find deliciously different homemade red pesto recipes made using sun dried tomatoes or red peppers.
Red pesto & salmon gnocchi step by step
- Pre-heat the oven to 180Fan/200C/Gas6 Cook the gnocchi following pack instructions. Drain & set aside. In a bowl mix together the pesto & cream cheese. Take 2/3 of the pesto mixture & add it to the gnocchi, mix gently & transfer to an ovenproof dish..
- Lay the salmon fillets on top of the gnocchi. Spread the remaining pesto mixture on top of the salmon.Place in the oven for 15 minutes. Serve with a green salad or veg. It works particularly well with watercress!.
Use it on pizza, in pasta or on chicken. Pesto alla siciliana, sometimes called simply pesto rosso (red pesto) is a sauce from Sicily similar to Genovese pesto but with the addition of tomato, almonds instead of pine nuts and much less basil. Pesto alla calabrese is a sauce from Calabria consisting of (grilled) bell peppers. This recipe for red pepper pesto is super versatile and so easy. Spread it on sandwiches and wraps First up: Mark Bittman's roasted red pepper pesto for The Food Matters Project.