Brad's seared salmon w/ gnocchi carbonara. Fantastic comfort food in the form of soft, home-made gnocchi in a rich and creamy Carbonara sauce. Today is the type of day they don't warn you about when you say you want kids/when you're pregnant. The type of day where your children didn't sleep all too well the night before but you still have to go.
This is a simple, quick and easy main dish for Salmon Spaghetti Carbonara. It's the perfect use for leftover cooked salmon. Transform a classic Italian carbonara with baked salmon & a squeeze of lemon. This Perfect Brad's seared salmon w/ gnocchi carbonara using 15 simple ingredients and 10 easy steps. This is guide how cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's seared salmon w/ gnocchi carbonara
- It’s of For the salmon.
- It’s 2-3 lbs of spring king salmon filets.
- It’s of Italian seasoning, dry basil, sea salt, black pepper.
- You need of Oil for frying.
- It’s of For the gnocchi.
- It’s 3 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of pkgs prepared gnocci.
- You need 1/2 lb of bacon, chop fry and drain.
- You need 1 of sweet onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 3 tbs of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1 qt of medium whipping cream.
- You need 1 cup of parmesan, shredded.
- Prepare to taste of Basil sea salt and black pepper.
We've got lots more delicious salmon pasta recipes at Tesco Real Food. Classic Italian carbonara has been given a tasty twist with the addition of baked salmon and a squeeze of lemon. You can sub a gf flour for the ap flour in this recipe. This recipe for Carbonara with Pan Seared Scallops is amazing, and is so quick and easy to make!
Brad's seared salmon w/ gnocchi carbonara instructions
- Remove fins and bones from salmon. Cut into 6-8 Oz portions leave skin on. Sprinkle with the seasonings and set aside..
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add onions and garlic. Saute until onions sweat out..
- Meanwhile, bring a large stockpot of well salted water to a boil..
- Add flour to the onions and fry until it just starts turning brown and has a slight nutty aroma..
- Heat another saute pan on medium high for the fish. Add oil..
- Slowly add cream to the onions a half cup at a time. Stir well to incorporate flour fully between adding. Keep adding until sauce is just a little thinner than you want it. Add bouillon, bacon, parmesan, and seasonings to taste. The cheese will thicken the sauce a bit..
- Place salmon in the hot pan skin down. Fry for 6 to 9 minutes. Depending on how thick the filet is. When skin starts to brown. Flip salmon and fry until just cooked through but still moist inside. Do not dry out..
- At the same time drop gnocchi into the boiling water. Remove and rinse with hot water when the gnocchi floats to the top..
- Plate gnocchi. Put sauce over top. Plate salmon over that. Add more parmesan if desired. I added lemon feta antipasto and roasted asparagus..
- Serve immediately. Enjoy..
I decided on Pasta Carbonara to pair with my scallops. This is such a quick and simple recipe with gourmet flavour, an all-time favourite of mine. Try our Quick Creamy Gnocchi Carbonara. This easy-to-make recipe can go from counter to table in just minutes. Try our Quick Creamy Gnocchi Carbonara.