You can have Chicken Lo-Mein using 17 simple ingredients and 17 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Chicken Lo-Mein
- It’s 2 packets of pancit kanton.
- Prepare 8 of chicken tenderloin grilled , frozen.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 inch of ginger piece.
- Prepare 8 of shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 10 of baby corn canned.
- Prepare 3 of spring onion.
- It’s 2 of green bell pepper.
- It’s 4 Tablespoons of soy sauce light.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce dark.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of chicken bouillon cube , crushed.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of red chilli flakes.
- It’s to taste of salt ,.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Prepare of oil , as needed.
Chicken Lo-Mein instructions
- Prepare the lo-mein noodles as per package directions. if using dried noodles (like i have used), cook it till al-dente as per the package directions, and drain. set aside..
- While the noodles are cooking, you can prep the rest of the ingredients..
- Cut up the thawed chicken tenderloin into bite size pieces. (i have used pre-grilled tenderloin here, so its already seasoned and half cooked)..
- Dice the shiitake mushrooms, bell pepper and baby corn. finely chop the ginger and garlic..
- Slice the spring onions into fine rounds. also, slice the white part separately, and the stalks (green part) separately..
- In a large wok, heat the oil. when the oil is hot, add the red chilli flakes..
- After about 10 seconds, add the chopped ginger and garlic. stir till translucent..
- Add the white part of the spring onions, and stir till translucent..
- Next, add the chicken bouillon and the chopped shiitake mushroom, bell pepper and baby corn. stir well. cook covered on a low heat for about five minutes..
- Add the chicken tenderloin and stir well. cook covered for about 5 minutes on a medium heat..
- When the chicken and vegetables are cooked through, add the sugar and increase the heat to high. stir to coat, and alow to caramelize for about two minutes..
- Next add the light soy, dark soy and oyster sauce. stir well..
- Check for seasoning at this point. if u need more salt, add it at this stage (note: soy sauce most often will be salty enough)..
- Add the drained lo-mein noodles and toss well, making sure the sauce and meat-n-veggies are evenly distributed..
- Lastly, add the sesame oil and stir gently..
- Now add the spring onion greens (stalks) and toss around. cook for about a minute, just till the greens wilt..
- Serve, garnished with a sprinkling of the spring onion greens..