Simmered Daikon & Fried Tofu.
This Delicious Simmered Daikon & Fried Tofu using 9 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Learn how to cook that.
Ingredients of Simmered Daikon & Fried Tofu
- You need 400 g of Daikon *1 medium size.
- Prepare 1 of small piece Ginger *sliced into fine strips.
- You need of Water *enough to cover Daikon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Dashi Powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 400 g of Fried Tofu *cut into bite-size pieces.
Simmered Daikon & Fried Tofu step by step
- Slice Daikon about 2cm thick. Remove skin and cut them in half if large..
- Place Fried Tofu in a colander and pour over very hot water to remove excess oil. Cut into bite-size pieces if large..
- Place Daikon and Ginger in a saucepan, add Water just enough to cover, and add Dashi Powder. You can use your home-made dashi stock for this..
- Add seasoning ingredients, place Tofu pieces on top, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover with lid, and cook for 20 to 30 minutes..
- When Daikon pieces are soft, remove the lid, and cook over medium heat, occasionally tossing, until the liquid is almost gone..