Caldo de Pescado.
This Delicious Caldo de Pescado using 13 easy ingredients and 6 simple steps. This is guide how achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Caldo de Pescado
- It’s 4 cups of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped onion.
- You need 3 cups of chopped tomato.
- You need 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need Bunch of fresh cilantro.
- You need 4-6 of whole white meat fish (I use Mackreal or sturgeon).
- You need of (Optional for added flavor)Whole bodied large shrimp devained.
- You need half of (Optional for added flavor)whole crab cut in.
- Prepare of About 12 dried california chile pods (rehydrated in boiling H2o.
- You need 1 of small can of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce.
- It’s 3-4 of garlic teeth.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1-2 gallons of water.
Caldo de Pescado instructions
- In a large soup/stew pot add oil onion and tomato and cook till onion is transparent on medium high temp..
- Add about 1.5 gallons of water, carrots and cilantro, let cook on medium heat until carrots are tender..
- In a blender add garlic, rehydrated chiles, a small piece of onion, and chipotles. Blend on high until smooth. You may have to add a bit of water to blend..
- Add blended salsa to pot and let simmer for about 15 more minutes..
- Add fish and other optional seafood cook about 10 minues..
- Garnish/top with chopped onion, serano chiles and cilantro. Squeeze lime juice and enjoy..