‘Nikomi’ Simmered Udon & Egg Soup.
This Tasty ‘Nikomi’ Simmered Udon & Egg Soup using 10 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Learn how to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of ‘Nikomi’ Simmered Udon & Egg Soup
- It’s 300 ml of Dashi Stock *OR 300ml Water & 1/2 teaspoon Dashi Powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of Sake (Rice Wine).
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 of serving Cooked Udon Noodles.
- It’s 1/2 of tablespoonful Dried Cut Wakame *optional.
- It’s 1 of Spring Onion *finely chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Potato Starch Flour *mixed with 2 teaspoons Water.
- Prepare 1 of Egg *lightly whisked.
‘Nikomi’ Simmered Udon & Egg Soup instructions
- Heat Dashi Stock and Sake (Rice Wine) in a large saucepan or pot, season with Salt, Soy Sauce and Mirin..
- Add Cooked Udon Noodles and Dried Cut Wakame, and cook until Udon Noodles are soft, OR absolutely soft. *Note: As you cook longer, you have less soup as the noodles suck up the soup..
- Add finely chopped Spring Onion, add Potato Starch mixture, and stir. When the soup is thickened, add Egg, and stir until Egg is softly cooked..
- Note: When you cook the noodles absolutely soft, you don’t have much soup and you don’t need to add Potato Starch at all..
- Tips: A small amount of grated Ginger is a good addition..