Chicken Afritada. This Chicken Afritada Recipe are slices of chicken cooked in tomato sauce along with onions and Chicken Afritada or afritadang manok is a type of Filipino chicken stew with tomato based sauced. Chicken Afritada is another popular Filipino dish. Pieces of chicken are cooked in tomato sauce along with carrots, potatoes and bell peppers.
SIMPLE WAY OF COOKING CHICKEN AFRITADA (exact measurements below) Chicken Afritada is a type of chicken stew tomato-based Filipino dish. Chicken Afritada. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Chicken afritada is one of the many Filipino tomato based stew. You can cook Chicken Afritada using 13 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Chicken Afritada
- It’s 3 clove of Garlic (peeled & crushed).
- Prepare 1 medium of Onion (peeled & sliced).
- It’s 2 medium of Potatoes (peeled & sliced).
- It’s 2 medium of Carrots (peeled & sliced).
- It’s 1 medium of Red Bell Pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Knorr Chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey.
- You need 1 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 200 grams of Canned Pomodoro Pelati(Whole Peeled Tomatoes).
- Prepare 1 of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare 600 grams of Chicken Breast.
To cook chicken afritada; Saute garlic and onion until fragrant. This local chicken recipe, the afritada, is sure to be an easy family favorite. There is so much to love about this hearty chicken and tomato stew. Chicken Afritada Recipe, also known as Apritadang Manok.
Chicken Afritada step by step
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin rectangular slices, set aside. Peel the potatoes & carrots into thin rectangular sizes..
- Light fry your potato and carrots in a 3 tablespoons of cooking oil heated in a pan until a little bit brown. Take off from the pan and set aside..
- In the same pan with heated cooking oil left, sauté the garlic and onion until golden brown. Add the cutted chicken breasts and mix it in a medium heat until lightly brown. Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce and the knorr chicken bouillon. Mix it thoroughly and cover it for 2 mins..
- Add to the pan your canned whole peeled tomatoes, mix it well, then add the tomato paste. Cover and simmer for about 3 mins in a low-medium heat. Add honey (or a teaspoon of brown sugar as an option). Add the fried potatoes & carrots then the red bell pepper. Cover again for 2-3mins..
- You can add pinch of powdered pepper and a pinch of salt if needed.Note: You can also add a little bit of water if you want it more saucy while you simmer it for 2-3mins..
- Take off from the heat and ready to serve. Recommended to serve with white rice or eat it with Italian bread..
Afritada is one of those tomato sauce This version of Chicken Afritada is much easier to make, we used Choice Cuts Chicken Legs, no. Afritada is a Spanish based Filipino dish consisting of chicken, beef, or pork braised in tomato sauce with carrots, potatoes, and red and green bell peppers. Chicken afritada is a traditional Filipino dish made by simmering whole pieces of dark meat chicken in a tomato-based sauce. You can prepare this stew entirely on the stove or braise it in the oven. Sauté chicken in oil, remove and set aside.