Bamboo Shoot Rice [With Instructions on How to Boil Bamboo Shoots].
This Perfect Bamboo Shoot Rice [With Instructions on How to Boil Bamboo Shoots] using 8 simple ingredients and 22 simple steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bamboo Shoot Rice [With Instructions on How to Boil Bamboo Shoots]
- Prepare 540 ml of Rice.
- It’s 1/2 of Bamboo shoots boiled in water (or store-bought).
- Prepare 1 of Aburaage.
- Prepare of [For the simmering sauce].
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Soy sauce (usukuchi soy sauce, if available).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sake.
- You need 400 ml of Dashi stock.
Bamboo Shoot Rice [With Instructions on How to Boil Bamboo Shoots] instructions
- Rinse the rice as you normally do and drain..
- Cut the bamboo shoot into your desired shapes and sizes. I cut it into about 2 cm thin matchsticks..
- Pour boiling water over the aburaage, and cut into your desired shapes. I cut across the aburaage and thinly sliced it into about the same size as the bamboo shoots..
- Pour the ingredients for the simmering sauce, bamboo shoots and aburaage into a small saucepan. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 3-5 minutes..
- Separate the simmering sauce and the filling. You will be using the sauce when cooking the rice, so do not discard..
- The rice will not cook properly if the simmering sauce is too hot. So let it cool before pouring it into the rice cooker..
- Put the rinsed rice into the rice cooker, pour the simmering sauce from Step 5, and fill with water up to the 3 cup line..
- Add the bamboo shoots and aburaage from Step 5 and turn on the switch to cook the rice..
- Once the rice is cooked, mix everything together ♡.
- Here's how to boil the bamboo shoots:.
- Cut 3-5 cm from the top of the bamboo shoot diagonally without peeling the skins, and make a deep slit lengthwise..
- In a large pot, add the bamboo shoot, rice bran, one red chilli, and plenty of water, and turn on the heat..
- The bamboo shoot will float to the surface, so put a small lid or a piece of aluminum foil that sits right on top of the bamboo shoot (otoshibuta or drop lid). Boil for about an hour, turn off the heat, and let it cool in the pot..
- Once cooled to room temperature, remove the bamboo shoot and rinse with water. Use that you made earlier to peel off the outer layers..
- Use the bamboo shoot for this recipe or for other dishes too..
- The soft part on the top is the bamboo sheath..
- Keep the boiled bamboo shoots to keep in the refrigerator up to 4-5 days (as long as you change the water everyday)..
- Here are more dishes using bamboo shoots for reference:.
- "Chinese-style Ground Meat Lettuce Wrap".
- "Chinjao Rosu".
- "Spring Rolls".
- "Bamboo Sheath in Clear Soup".