Tangy Shrimp and Slaw Tacos. These shrimp tacos have quickly become a fan favorite. The combination of avocado slaw, marinated shrimp, and garlic-lime mayo makes for a seriously Since these shrimp are going in a taco, it's really best that they're totally free of shell. Removing the shell and tail from shrimp is.
Shrimp Tacos with Sweet & Tangy Slaw. by SkinnyMs. Combine olive oil, lime juice, cumin, paprika, and red pepper in a small bowl. Combine shrimp and spice mixture in a zip-top plastic bag, and seal. You can cook Tangy Shrimp and Slaw Tacos using 16 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. This is guide how achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Tangy Shrimp and Slaw Tacos
- You need 3/4 lb of thawed jumbo shrimp (16/20 size).
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of adobo seasoning.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- You need 8 oz of shredded cabbage (slaw mix).
- It’s 1/4 cup of traditional oil/vingar based slaw dressing (includes sugar, soybean oil, white and cider vinegar, salt, turmeric, garlic) – or mix your own with these ingredients to taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 8 oz of canned chick peas.
- It’s 2 tbsp of medium salsa.
- Prepare 1 of avacado slices.
- It’s 1 of shredded cheddar jack cheese.
- Prepare 1 of flour tortillas (taco/fajita sized).
This might be the easiest shrimp taco recipe around. Making a tangy slaw with limes and mayonnaise is a perfect pairing for the shrimp. This might be the easiest shrimp taco recipe around. Making a tangy slaw with limes and mayonnaise is a perfect pairing for the shrimp.
Tangy Shrimp and Slaw Tacos step by step
- Mix cabbage slaw mix with slaw dressing, lime juice, and add salt and pepper to taste. Leave in fridge while preparing the rest..
- Mash chick peas in a bowl then mix in salsa. Set aside..
- Melt butter and canola oil in skillet on med-high heat. Add shrimp and top with chili powder, cumin, adobo seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste..
- Cook shrimp, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 mins or until done. Cut each shrimp in half once cooked thoroughly, if desired..
- Top each tortilla with chick pea salsa, shredded cheese, avacado slice, shrimp, and slaw mix. Enjoy :).
Shrimp Tacos are the perfect go-to for last minute get-togethers or kicking back at home with an almost effortless meal. Instead of ordinary chopped lettuce, a tangy slaw with lime juice and mayo pulls the flavors together for a shrimp taco sauce that is muy bueno! Easy and delicious shrimp tacos with a cilantro, lime and bacon slaw! Spoon pan sauce over shrimp, top each with freshly grated parmesan A real tangy taste that adds just the right flavor mix. I added dill to the dressing.