Bicol express. Bicol Express is pure comfort food! With pork cubes cooked in coconut milk and chili peppers, it's rich, creamy, spicy and delicious! Serve with steamed rice for a hearty and big flavored meal!
Bicol Express, known natively in Bikol as sinilihan (lit. 'spiced with chili'), is a popular Filipino dish which was popularized in the district of Malate, Manila but made in traditional Bicolano style. It is a stew made from long chilies (siling mahaba in Tagalog), coconut milk, shrimp paste or stockfish, onion. THE TASTIEST & SPICIEST BICOL EXPRESS (exact ingredients below) BICOL EXPRESS is a popular Filipino dish. This Perfect Bicol express using 6 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. This is guide how achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Bicol express
- Prepare 1 1/2 of cubed pork shoulders.
- It’s 1 of onion diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 of serrano pepper/labuyo (or more accdg to spice preferences).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of shrimp paste.
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut milk.
It is a spicy food made of pork, chilies. Try this Bicol Express Recipe from Bicol. Bicolanos are famous for their Bicol Express a hot and spicy dish cooked in coconut milk, pork and with lots of birds eye chili that makes it very hot. Bicol express is a spicy Filipino stew consisting of bite sized pieces of pork with chilies, coconut milk, shrimp paste (bagoong), onions, tomato and garlic.
Bicol express instructions
- Sauté pork shoulder on a pan set on high heat with continuous mixing until fat browned and fat is rendered. Remove excess oil..
- Add garlic cook until browned and onions until transluscent..
- Add shrimp paste and mix until incorporated with ingredients..
- Pour coconut milk and let it simmer for 5 mins before adding chili. (this is to make sure that the spice is evenly distributed to the ingredients)..
- Continue mixing until sauce thickens depending on your preference. (Some like it with a little sauce, I like it a bit dry.) Don't it will taste great just the same.😊.
- Best served with white steamed rice. Enjoy..
The dish is named after the train in the Bicol. Proud To Be Albayano is with Makee Brecia and Rose Ann Pante. Bicol Express is a Filipino dish of browned pork cooked with finger chilies and coconut cream. If you cook Bicol Express the way Speedy does, you get better texture, flavor and color. Pork Bicol Express is a type of Filipino spicy pork dish.