Mackerel Simmered In Miso.
You can have Mackerel Simmered In Miso using 9 simple ingredients and 7 simple steps. This is guide how cook it.
Ingredients of Mackerel Simmered In Miso
- You need 4 slice of Mackerel filets.
- You need 1 piece of Ginger.
- It’s 5 of to 6 cm Kombu.
- You need of Seasoning ingredients:.
- It’s 300 ml of Water.
- You need 100 ml of Sake.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of Miso.
Mackerel Simmered In Miso step by step
- Make decorative cuts in the mackerel..
- Julienne the ginger..
- Put the konbu seaweed and water in a pan and bring to a boil. Add the ginger (reserving some to use as garnish), sake, soy sauce and sugar..
- When it comes back to a boil add the mackerel filets skin side up. Skim off the scum..
- When the scum has been removed, put a small lid right on top of the simmering food (or use a piece of foil or cooking parchment paper). Simmer over medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes..
- Dissolve in the miso..
- Drizzle the miso sauce into the pan, and coat the fish with it while simmering. Transfer to serving dishes and scatter with the reserved ginger..