Simmered Mackerel in Miso.
This Perfect Simmered Mackerel in Miso using 8 easy ingredients and 7 simple steps. Here is how you achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Simmered Mackerel in Miso
- It’s 2 slice of Mackerel fillets.
- Prepare 6 of cm Japanese leek.
- It’s 1 tsp of ☆ Grated fresh ginger.
- You need 150 ml of ☆ Water.
- You need 2 tbsp of ☆ Soft brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of ☆ Sake.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ☆ Japanese dashi stock powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Miso.
Simmered Mackerel in Miso instructions
- Chop the leek finely..
- Make crisscross cuts into the mackerel, skin-side up..
- Add all the ☆ ingredients in a pot and make them boil..
- Align mackerel with its skin facing upwards. Cover with a small lid or a piece of kitchen paper directly on top of the simmering food. Simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Add miso and blend well. It's good to tilt the pot and blend the miso with lots of soup. Put the lid or kitchen paper back on and continue simmering for about 10 minutes over low heat..
- Take the lid or paper off and cook until your preferred richness of the sauce..
- Top with the leek and it's done..