Mackerel Simmered in Sweet Miso.
You can cook Mackerel Simmered in Sweet Miso using 7 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Mackerel Simmered in Sweet Miso
- It’s 4 of Mackerel fillet.
- It’s 50 ml of Water.
- It’s 100 ml of Cooking sake.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Soft brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Ginger (grated).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Miso.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mirin.
Mackerel Simmered in Sweet Miso step by step
- Tip 1: Boil water in a pot and put the mackerel. Turn the heat off immediately and drain in a colander..
- Tip 2: Heat a pot with water, sake, sugar and ginger over high heat. Add the mackerel. Turn down the heat to medium, cover with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Tip 3: Add miso and mirin and cover with a lid. Simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat..
- Turn up the heat a little higher. Remove the lid and keep simmering..