Scrambled Tofu with Just Vegetables.
You can have Scrambled Tofu with Just Vegetables using 13 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Learn how to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Scrambled Tofu with Just Vegetables
- It’s 1 block of Firm tofu.
- It’s 1/3 of of a carrot Carrot.
- Prepare 2 of Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 1/4 of Onion.
- You need 1 of 5 cm long piece Lotus root.
- Prepare 2 of Chikuwa.
- It’s 100 ml of ＊ Dashi stock + the soaking liquid from the dried shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of each ＊ Mirin, sake.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 teaspoons ＊ Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Roughly ground white sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 of Mitsuba.
Scrambled Tofu with Just Vegetables step by step
- Wrap the tofu in kitchen paper towels, put a weight on top such as a plate, and leave for 30 minutes to draw away the excess water..
- Chop up all the vegetables finely. Put some oil in a pan and stir fry the onion until translucent. Add the rest of the vegetables, add the ingredients marked ＊ – dashi + mushroom soaking liquid, soy sauce, mirin, sake and sugar – and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Transfer the simmered vegetables and the cooking liquid to a bowl. Put one tablespoon of oil into the same pan and add the tofu while crumbling it up. Stir fry over high heat. Add the simmered vegetables and simmering liquid..
- When everything is well mixed together taste, and if it seems to need more add a little mentsuyu or light soy sauce. Add the beaten egg and mix rapidly until it is finely crumbled..
- Add the sesame seeds and transfer to serving plates. Scatter some chopped up mitsuba on top and it's done..