Pork Soup with Ginger and Lots of Root Vegetables.
You can have Pork Soup with Ginger and Lots of Root Vegetables using 13 easy ingredients and 10 easy steps. Learn how to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Pork Soup with Ginger and Lots of Root Vegetables
- It’s 100 grams of Coarsely chopped pork.
- Prepare 200 grams of Daikon radish.
- You need 80 grams of Carrot.
- It’s 1 of Burdock root.
- You need 3 of Satoimo (taro).
- It’s 150 grams of Lotus root.
- Prepare 1/2 block of Tofu.
- You need 20 grams of Ginger.
- It’s 1 of Japanese leek.
- You need 6 cup of Dashi stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sake.
- You need 3 of to 4 tablespoons Miso.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sake lees (if you have them).
Pork Soup with Ginger and Lots of Root Vegetables instructions
- Peel the daikon radish and cut into quarters, then slice thinly. Do not peel the carrot; cut into half lengthwise and then slice thinly..
- Scrape the skin off the burdock root with the back of a knife, and cut into 1 cm thick diagonal slices. Peel the taro root, cut into half and then slice about 5 mm thick..
- Cut the unpeeled lotus root into half lengthwise, then slice about 5 mm thick..
- Cut the tofu into bite-sized pieces..
- Grate half of the ginger with the skin still on, and julienne the rest. Chop the leek finely..
- Cut the pork up into bite-sized pieces..
- Put the dashi stock and sake in a pan and bring to a boil. Add the pork. Skim off any scum, and simmer for 2-3 minutes..
- Put all the vegetables except for the leek, plus the tofu, in the pan, and simmer until the vegetables are tender. (Lower the heat after it comes to a boil.).
- Dissolve the miso and sake lees, and mix into the soup – and it's done! The saltiness of miso depends on the type, so please taste and adjust the amount..
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with the chopped leek plus some shichimi spice to taste, and enjoy..