[Farmhouse Recipe] Chirashi Sushi.
You can cook [Farmhouse Recipe] Chirashi Sushi using 21 easy ingredients and 11 simple steps. Learn how to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of [Farmhouse Recipe] Chirashi Sushi
- It’s 450 grams of cooked White rice.
- Prepare 5 of cm long piece Kombu.
- Prepare 80 of to 100 ml Sushi vinegar (＊refer below).
- Prepare 2 of Cooked kanpyo gourd strips (refer below).
- You need 1 of Snap peas or mangetout (boiled in salted water and sliced thinly).
- You need 1 of Shredded nori seaweed.
- It’s of [A].
- You need 100 grams of Cooked and chopped bamboo shoots.
- Prepare 50 grams of Carrot.
- Prepare 4 of Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- You need of [B].
- It’s 200 ml of Japanese dashi stock.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Soy sauce, mirin.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need of [C].
- It’s 6 of Shrimp.
- Prepare 100 grams of Lotus root.
- Prepare of [Kinshi tamago (finely shredded thin omelet)] *Mix ingredients well, pan fry thinly and shred into thin strips..
- You need 3 of Eggs (well beaten).
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Katakuriko.
[Farmhouse Recipe] Chirashi Sushi step by step
- Preparation for [A]: Shred the carrots into 2 cm long strips. Discard the stiff roots of the hydrated shiitake mushrooms and chop thinly. Also chop the bamboo shoots in the same way..
- Put the prepped [A] and [B] in a pot and simmer until the liquid is reduced. Rest to cool. Chop the kampyo gourd strips thinly..
- Preparation for [C]: Briefly cook the shrimp in boiling water with a small amount of sake. Peel the shell and chop in half. Peel the skin off the lotus root and boil, then slice into quarter-rounds..
- Soak the prepped [C] into sushi vinegar while it's hot, and remove the shrimp after 10 minutes. (Leave the lotus roots to soak.).
- Cook rice combined with kombu seaweed with slightly less water than usual. When cooked, remove the seaweed..
- While the rice is hot, combine the sushi vinegar with lotus roots in Step 4 (with the shrimp removed). Mix everything together while cooling it off with a fan..
- Combine with the mixed ingredients in Step 2 and arrange on a dish. Make sure to mix lightly in cutting motions, while cooling it off with a fan. Try not to knead the grains together..
- Top with the shrimp (that were soaked in sushi vinegar and then removed), kinshi tamago, and peas to finish. Also top with shredded nori seaweed to your liking..
- [Homemade Sushi Vinegar] Very useful to have in stock..
- [Cooked Kanpyo Gourd Strips] These can be frozen for storage. They're great in this chirashi sushi. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149729-farmhouse-recipe-stewed-kampyo.
- About the [B] ingredients: you can substitute the "200 ml of Japanese dashi stock + 1.5 tablespoon soy sauce and mirin" with "200 ml of water + 3 tablespoons of multi-purpose dashi soy sauce"..