Shumai Dumplings and Okowa Rice in One Rice Cooker. This sticky rice vegan mushroom shumai recipe is super easy to make. Homemade wrappers with with sticky rice, mushrooms, and peas are You can either steam it (full instructions on how to pre-cook sticky rice using a soaking and steaming method here) or follow your rice cooker's instructions if it. How to Cook White Rice in a Rice Cooker, According to My Korean Mom.
Japanese Shumai (Steamed Pork Dumpling) is typically made with ground pork and minced onion, enclosed in a wonton wrapper and topped with The easiest thing to tell Japanese Shumai apart is the dainty green peas that crown the open steamed dumplings, giving them the characteristic look. If your rice cooker doesn't come with its own basket, you can use an adjustable metal steamer basket with feet that fits inside your cooker. To get started, combine rice and water in the rice cooker. This Tasty Shumai Dumplings and Okowa Rice in One Rice Cooker using 23 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. This is guide how cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Shumai Dumplings and Okowa Rice in One Rice Cooker
- Prepare 700 grams of For the okowa rice:.
- You need 360 ml of Sweet or mochi rice.
- It’s 2 of pieces Fall salmon (fresh or lightly salt-cured).
- You need 1 of Edamame (peeled).
- You need 2 tbsp of ○ Sake.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ○ Soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ○ Mirin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ○ Sesame oil.
- It’s 170 ml of ○ Water.
- Prepare 1 of *Lettuce.
- You need 7 of dumplings For the sweet rice shumai (siumai) dumplings:.
- Prepare 90 ml of Sweet or mochi rice.
- It’s 230 grams of Ground pork.
- You need 1/3 of Onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 of to 3 Dried shiitake mushrooms (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 of Lotus root (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 piece of Ginger (finely chopped).
- You need 1 of Green onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ● Sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of ● Oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ● Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of ● Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ● Sake.
I use Nishiki rice, which is easy to find and regarded as a high-quality rice. Fill rice cooking pot with water to the first line and place in rice cooker. Using chopping/mixing blade with processor running, add cabbage, green onions, garlic Add basket to rice cooker and close lid. Shumai, or open steamed dumplings, are often associated with Cantonese cuisine.
Shumai Dumplings and Okowa Rice in One Rice Cooker step by step
- Divide the sweet (mochi) rice into the okowa and shumai dumpling portions. Soak each in water for 30 minutes, then drain..
- Put the okowa portion of the rice and the ○ flavoring ingredients in the rice cooker bowl. Place the salmon (skin and bones removed and flaked) on top with the edamame, even out the surface and cover with a layer of lettuce..
- (The lettuce will be chopped and mixed into the okowa rice after cooking.).
- Put the ground pork and all the ● ingredients in a bowl, and knead and mix until sticky. Add the chopped vegetables and mix in. Form into round balls..
- Coat the balls with the dumpling portion of the soaked rice. Place the dumplings on top of the lettuce, and switch the rice cooker on. (If your cooker has a 'mixed rice' or 'okowa' setting, use that. Otherwise use the regular setting.).
- Use this method to cook various things in a rice cooker. I tend to vary the flavorings for both the okowa and dumplings a lot..
After all it is one of the most popular dim sum dishes. What you might not know is that shumai actually originated in Hohhot, Inner Mongolia. Growing up, northern-style shumai was one of my favorite staples. Corn Shumai (Steamed Dumplings) + Chinese Style Mixed Rice. Giant Rice Cooker Pancake with Dark Chocolate Chips and Blueberries.