My Mother's Chirashi Sushi.
You can have My Mother's Chirashi Sushi using 23 easy ingredients and 8 easy steps. This is guide how achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of My Mother's Chirashi Sushi
- It’s 540 ml of White rice.
- It’s 1 of sheet Kombu for dashi stock.
- It’s of Filling:.
- You need 500 ml of Water.
- Prepare 5 of Dried shiitake mushrooms (thick, plump ones).
- It’s 100 grams of Lotus root.
- You need 150 grams of Cooked bamboo shoots in brine.
- It’s 1 medium of Carrot.
- You need 3 tbsp of Light brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cooking sake.
- You need 1 tsp of Dashi stock granules.
- You need of Sushi vinegar.
- Prepare 60 ml of Vinegar.
- Prepare 30 ml of Lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 20 grams of Chirimen jako.
- Prepare of Garnish:.
- You need 5 of leaves Shiso leaves.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of Shiro-dashi.
My Mother's Chirashi Sushi step by step
- Soak the dried shiitake in 500 ml of water to rehydrate. Add the kombu to the uncooked rice and cook with the normal amount of water..
- Chop the softened shiitake and other vegetables into 5 mm pieces. The water from the shiitake will be used for stock..
- Add the dashi and the shiitake water to the filling and bring to a boil. Add the sugar, continue to simmer at medium heat and remove any scum that arises..
- Once the mixture has softened a little, add salt, soy sauce and cooking sake (in this order). Simmer on a low heat until there's no liquid left..
- Once the rice is cooked, make the sushi vinegar. Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, and salt. Combine the vinegar mixture and the chirimen jako in a small saucepan and cook on low heat. Once the sugar begins to dissolve, promptly switch off the heat..
- Dissolve the sugar in residual heat, pour evenly over the hot rice, and stir the rice with a cut-and-fold motion while fanning..
- Once the sushi rice has cooled, add the drained filling and mix..
- Mix the eggs and shiro dashi to make thin omelets and julienne (kinshi tamago). Serve the sushi, garnish with kinshi tamago and shiso leaves, and it's done!.