Colorful Ozoni Mochi Soup for the New Year.
You can cook Colorful Ozoni Mochi Soup for the New Year using 20 simple ingredients and 14 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve it.
Ingredients of Colorful Ozoni Mochi Soup for the New Year
- Prepare 60 grams of Chicken thigh meat.
- It’s 8 of cm Burdock root.
- Prepare 30 grams of Cooked bamboo shoots in brine.
- It’s 6 of cm Kintoki Carrot (dark red carrot).
- Prepare 4 of cm Lotus root.
- It’s 2 of Shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 2 of to 3 cm Kamaboko.
- You need 6 of Snow peas.
- It’s 400 ml of ☆Water.
- It’s 1 of packet ★Bonito flake pack.
- You need 1 tsp of ★Mirin.
- You need 1 tsp of ★ Usukuchi soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of ★Sake.
- It’s 1/2 of to 1 teaspoon ★Powdered dashi stock.
- It’s 1 pinch of ★Salt.
- You need 1/2 of Nori seaweed.
- Prepare 3 of cm square Yuzu citrus peel.
- You need 1 of Mitsuba.
- You need 2 of Temaribu (decorative dried wheat gluten shaped like little balls).
- It’s 2 of Round mochi.
Colorful Ozoni Mochi Soup for the New Year step by step
- Cut out the COOKPAD logo out of nori seaweed (refer to Steps 9-13)..
- Slice the carrot into 5 mm, use a flower shaped cookie cutter to cut out the shape. Remove the starchy string from the snow peas, and cut the bamboo into bite sizes. Slice the lotus root to 5 mm..
- Boil the ingredients from Step 2. It'll be less bothersome if you start boiling ingredients that release the least amount of scum first! Slice the kamaboko to 5 mm..
- Put the bonito flakes into a clean tea bag. Soak the Temaribu in water..
- In a pot, add water, thinly sliced burdock root, chicken cut into bite sizes, thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms, and bring to a boil. Add the bonito flake tea bag, and boil for 3 minutes until fragrant..
- Add the (★) ingredients, bring to a boil again, and turn off the heat..
- Toast the mochi, put the ingredients and mochi into a soup boil, and pour in the dashi soup. Top the mochi with the cut nori, and yuzu peel (refer to Step 14) and mitsuba..
- [For a white miso broth] Omit the soy sauce and salt, and add a packet of white miso soup for an easy white miso version!.
- [Cutting the nori] Prepare scissors and a paper cutter. Cut the logo to the same size as the mochi..
- Cut the nori 1-2 mm larger than the logo pattern (so it's thick enough to avoid mistakes)..
- Cut out the inside of the nori circle using a paper cutter, to have a 3-4 mm thick ring (cut like you're making multiple small lines around the circle)..
- Lay the hat pattern on top of the cut circle, and cut out the shape..
- Use the paper cutter to cut out a 2-3 mm outline of the hat shape..
- [How to cut the yuzu peel] Thinly peel the yuzu citrus, cut out a rectangle, and make two lengthwise cuts to make a backwards N. Fold back to make a X. This is called a "broken pine needle.".