Chikuzen-ni (Stewed Chicken with Root Vegetables).
You can have Chikuzen-ni (Stewed Chicken with Root Vegetables) using 13 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Learn how to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Chikuzen-ni (Stewed Chicken with Root Vegetables)
- Prepare 300 grams of Chicken thighs.
- You need 1 of Bamboo shoot.
- Prepare 1/2 of Carrot.
- Prepare 6 of Shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 block of Konnyaku.
- You need 1 thumb of Ginger, thinly sliced.
- You need 200 ml of Dashi stock.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of Burdock root (gobo).
- You need 1 of Lotus root (small).
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Mirin.
- You need 4 Tbsp of Sake.
Chikuzen-ni (Stewed Chicken with Root Vegetables) instructions
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces, then season with sake and salt (not included in ingredients)..
- Roughly chop the vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Soak the burdock and lotus root in vinegar water. Slice the konnyaku into 5-6 mm thick slabs. In the center of each slab, cut a slit lengthwise about 1/4 the konnyaku length and thread the ends through the slit to make "rein knots.".
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan, then sauté the chicken. Transfer to a plate once they are evenly browned. Add more oil, then sauté the rest of the ingredients, then transfer to a separate dish..
- Wipe the pan with a paper towel to clean, then return the sautéed vegetables to the pan. Add the dashi stock and seasonings, bring to a boil, reduce to low heat, then cover with a lid. Frequently toss the ingredients in the pan while stewing to cook evenly..
- When the ingredients become tender, remove the lid, set over high heat, then sauté until the ingredients are glazed. It's ready to serve once the liquid boils out..