Restaurant-Quality Simmered Mackerel (Soy Sauce Flavored).
You can cook Restaurant-Quality Simmered Mackerel (Soy Sauce Flavored) using 6 simple ingredients and 7 simple steps. This is guide how cook that.
Ingredients of Restaurant-Quality Simmered Mackerel (Soy Sauce Flavored)
- You need 6 of pieces Mackerel.
- It’s of For the cooking liquid/sauce:.
- It’s 200 ml of ☆ Water.
- It’s 3 tbsp of each ☆ Sugar, mirin.
- It’s 100 ml of ☆ Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of several slices Sliced ginger (optional).
Restaurant-Quality Simmered Mackerel (Soy Sauce Flavored) step by step
- I used a whole mackerel cut into 6 pieces..
- Put all the ☆ ingredients into a pan, and add the ginger slices if you like. Bring to a boil. (The photos shows the pan before the ginger is added.).
- Put the mackerel in the boiling cooking liquid and put on a small lid or piece of kitchen parchment paper that sits right on top of the food (otoshibuta). Simmer for about 20 minutes..
- Set the heat to about medium, just so that the pan doesn't boil over. When the liquid has reduced to about 1/3, it's done. Watch the pan so that the fish doesn't burn….
- Please also see, "Sardines Simmered With Umebosh"..
- Also see, "Simmered Halibut". https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/170308-halibut-white-fish-simmered-japanese-style.
- Also see, "Simmered Sandfish". https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/170337-winter-delight-simmered-sailfin-sandfish.