Cod and Potatoes Simmered with Tomatoes.
This Perfect Cod and Potatoes Simmered with Tomatoes using 9 easy ingredients and 7 simple steps. This is guide how achieve that.
Ingredients of Cod and Potatoes Simmered with Tomatoes
- You need 2 of pieces Cod.
- Prepare 1 of Potato.
- Prepare 1/4 of Onion.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 can of Canned tomatoes (whole cooked tomatoes).
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of White wine.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of plus a bit more Salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of Pepper.
Cod and Potatoes Simmered with Tomatoes instructions
- Slice the onion thinly. Cut the potato in half, then into 5 mm thick slices and put into a bowl of water. Slice the garlic..
- Season the cod with salt and pepper, and press lightly with your hands..
- Heat up the olive oil and garlic in a frying pan. When you can smell the garlic add the onion and stir fry over medium heat..
- When the onion has wilted, add the well-drained potato slices and continue stir frying..
- When the edges of the potato have started to turn transparent, layer the pieces of cod on top. Add the canned tomatoes while crushing them with your hands..
- Add the white wine and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cover with a lid and simmer until the potato is tender, for about 10 minutes over low-medium heat..
- When the potatoes are tender, adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and transfer to serving plates. Scatter with some parsley if you like..