This Yummy Simmered Soybeans using 10 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Learn how to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Simmered Soybeans
- You need 100 grams of Soybeans (raw or boiled).
- It’s 1 of Konnyaku.
- You need 1 medium of Carrot.
- You need 1 of section Lotus root.
- It’s 10 of cm Kombu for dashi stock.
- Prepare 500 ml of Dashi stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of ★Mirin.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ★Sake.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ★Soft light brown sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ★Soy sauce.
Simmered Soybeans instructions
- Soak the beans in water overnight and then boil in the same water for about 45-60 minutes..
- Use kombu that was used to make dashi stock. Refer to this recipe to make the dashi. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143313-basic-dashi-stock-for-the-first-pressing.
- Parboil the konnyaku. Cut every ingredient into 1 cm cubes..
- Place Step 1, 2, the dashi stock, and the ★ ingredients to a pot and simmer on low heat until the liquid evaporates (about 40-45 minutes)..