Easy Basic Five-Ingredient Simmered Beans (Gomoku Mame). Gomoku (五目) means five items and mame (豆) is beans. But the common ingredients are carrot. Healthy gomoku-mame simmered beans and vegetables typically includes soybeans with root vegetables.
One of Japanese people's healthy diet secrets is a well balanced diet by eating a variety of food. 'Gomoku' means five ingredients and 'mame' means beans. And you can't talk about soup without talking about chili!!! Easy Stovetop White Chicken Chili. gimmesomeoven.com. You can have Easy Basic Five-Ingredient Simmered Beans (Gomoku Mame) using 13 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. This is guide how achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Basic Five-Ingredient Simmered Beans (Gomoku Mame)
- You need 100 grams of Boiled soy beans in water.
- Prepare 1/4 of Carrot.
- It’s 2 of Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 5 of cm Kombu.
- It’s 1/4 of Burdock root.
- Prepare 1/4 of Konnyaku (small).
- It’s 2 of to 3 cm Lotus root.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame oil (for stir frying).
- It’s of Seasoning.
- Prepare 200 ml of ☆ The soaking liquid from the kombu seaweed and dried shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ☆ Bonito dashi stock granules.
- You need 1 tbsp of ☆ Mirin.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of ☆ Soy sauce.
Boil snow peas. (Remove fibrous rib before boiling in water with pinch of salt. Cut snow peas diagonally, and sprinkle on top of the simmered dish as garnish. Green beans are shriveled and browned into delicious submission before receiving a flavor bomb of garlic, red pepper flakes, and chopped capers. It's not about the number of steps or ingredients in a dish.
Easy Basic Five-Ingredient Simmered Beans (Gomoku Mame) step by step
- Rehydrate the dried shiitake mushrooms and konbu seaweed. Optionally peel the burdock root and carrot..
- Cut all the vegetables and konbu into 5 mm dice (about the same size as the soy beans)..
- Heat up the sesame oil in a pot and quickly stir fry the cut up ingredients. Add the ☆ flavoring ingredients, then the soy beans..
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, until there's almost no liquid left in the pan..
Boil water and add Somen to the boiling water. Cook for a minute and strain. Wash Somen in running water, while rubbing. Salmon is tied with tuna for the most widely consumed fish in the United States. As mentioned above, these easy beans make a great side dish to any southwest inspired meal.