This Tasty Crispy Tempura using 10 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Crispy Tempura
- You need 1 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 4 of Shrimp.
- Prepare 1 of Eggplant (small).
- It’s 50 grams of Kabocha squash.
- Prepare 2 of Raw shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of leaves Shiso leaves.
- You need 50 grams of Flour.
- Prepare 75 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 cm of Lotus root.
Crispy Tempura step by step
- Devein and peel the shrimp, but keep the tail on. Make 3 or 4 slits on its underside..
- Bend back the shrimp backwards (bending the outer curve) until you feel a slight pop along each section. Make small incisions to cut the sinew, and pull the shrimp straight..
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise. Leaving about 2 cm of the stem ends, and make about 5 mm wide cuts along the length of the eggplant Soak in water and drain..
- Scoop out the seeds and fluffy insides of the kabocha squash, and chop into 5 mm wide pieces. Remove the stalks of the shiitake mushrooms and cut in half..
- Peel the lotus roots and slice into 5 mm wide pieces. Soak in water with a little vinegar and drain..
- Put some mayonnaise into a bowl. Add water in batches and mix well. When mixed evenly, add the flour. Stir until it's still slightly floury..
- Dredge ingredients prepped in Steps 3, 4, 5, 6, and shiso leaves in the batter prepped in Step 7. Deep-fry in vegetable oil..