Japanese sweet and sour Chicken with Vegetables. This savory and delicious fried chicken and vegetables with sweet black vinegar sauce is a copycat recipe of "Tori Kurozu-An" from Ootoya 大戸屋 restaurant. First of all, this sweet and sour chicken is a Japanese style. Did you notice there are several kinds of vegetables in the sweet and sour chicken?
So much better and a lot healthier than any take away. Serve it with rice or noodles for a truly Asian feast. A low-carb, high-protein dinner that is delicious and nutritious. You can have Japanese sweet and sour Chicken with Vegetables using 13 simple ingredients and 10 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Japanese sweet and sour Chicken with Vegetables
- You need 1 of chicken leg.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Dashi powder.
- Prepare 100 g of sweet potato.
- Prepare 100 g of lotus root.
- You need 100 g of pumpkin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Dashi powder(Japanese fish bouillon powder).
- It’s 2 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sesame.
- Prepare of Katakuri starch powder or any starch.
- You need of Sesame oil.
Enjoy this sweet and tangy chicken cooked with vegetables, served over rice – a hearty skillet meal. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over high heat. Add pineapple chunks, water chestnuts, broccoli, and red pepper. It's perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner! *First things first… happy birthday to my sweet baby boy! 🎉🎁🎈 Who's not a baby anymore… Absolutely the best sweet and sour chicken recipe I've ever tried.
Japanese sweet and sour Chicken with Vegetables instructions
- Cut chicken and put soy sauce and Dashi powder. Mix well..
- Cut vegetables.
- Put starch and fry with 1 tablespoon sesame oil..
- Fry lotus root.
- Mix the sauce seasoning..
- Bring to boil the sweet and sour sauce. And fry all together for 2 minuets..
- Put sesame.
My husband and I thought it was delicious. One comment about the directions: the amount of water to add to the chicken batter is a little hard to interperate. A super delicious and simple vegetarian baked sweet and sour chicken recipe that is sure to please even the biggest meat eaters! Best of all it is loaded with tons of healthy and crunchy roasted vegetables and no frying is necessary! Let's be honest…we all adore Chinese take out.